WAVE Simmer Style Blacktip 2020 Windsurfsegel
Simmer Style Blacktip 2020 Windsurfsegel
// 4 BATTEN HIGH PERFORMANCE WAVE //
For 2020 Sail Designer Tomas Persson and top PWA competitor Marc Paré have re-designed every size from 3.1 to 5.9 to deliver the best possible performance in all imaginable conditions. The smaller sizes have been designed with a narrower luff for direct handling and improved control in stronger winds. The width of the mast sleeve gradually increases towards the larger sizes to generate the perfect blend of power and balance. The winning characteristics for the 2020 Blacktip are its ultra-light and direct handling combined with an extremely wide wind range. The compact outline and medium to low aspect ratio provides powerful front-end drive to generate speed in turns.
- The kevlar stretch control tendons combined with a progressive batten layout secures the sail profile giving the sail a wide wind range.
- A lower positioned clew ring to respond to a more upright
- sailing position, seen in multi-fin sailing.
- Low end power for early planing, high cut foot combined with relatively short boom for maneuverbility.
- Superb ability to de-power in the critical moment of a maneuver and very forgiving handling characteristic.
- Seams aligned along the directions of the load lines to distribute the forces.
- Light weight yet durable panel layout.